Mulch is an affordable option for do-it-yourself landscapers who want to achieve a natural feel in their gardens and yards. It’s also easy to apply and looks neat and attractive. A popular pick for many, is wood chip mulch. This type of mulch comes in several colors to match any aesthetic and is slow to decay.
Benefits of using mulch:
- Mulch is effective weed control as ground cover.
- Mulch regulates soil temperature making it much easier on plants during spring and fall months.
- Mulch increases rain absorption by decreasing rain run off and therefore protects your plants from drying out quickly.
- Mulch provides visual esthetics to your landscaping and allows the plants and shrubs to be the star of the show.
Tips on applying mulch
- Mulch performs best when it is applied so it is 2”-3” in depth. If you have any questions on what is best for your garden, please bring in a measurements of the space you need to apply mulch to and we will advise you on how much you need.
- Mulch works the best when your mulch bed extends beyond the plant’s drip line or where the rain would drip from the leaves.
- Once you distribute the mulch water it down. This will help anchor your mulch into place
View the entire Techo-Bloc Catalog Below: