The right decorative rock can bring life to any garden or home. Rock is sometimes used instead of mulch if your landscape is often threatened by a lot of wind that could cause mulch loss. Decorative rock can also be used as bed fillers, edging, and to aid in drainage.
Advantages of using decorative rocks in landscaping:
- Rocks are very low-maintenance when compared to other ground cover such as mulch, grass, and plants.
- Rocks hold their color and will not fade in the sun.
- Rocks will help block weeds from growing.
- Rocks will not break down over time making it very cost effective over time.
- Rocks aid in drainage efforts.
- Rocks will stabilize temperature of the ground by heating up during the day and releasing that heat during the cooler nights.
- Rocks are an inexpensive way to improve your curb appeal.
Places that are great for decorative rock:
- Flower gardens
- Around shrubs
- In place of mulch
- Around driveways
- As a walkway
- Around pools
GE Landscape Supply offers a wide variety of beautiful, high-quality river rock. If you want professional advice on what is best for your area, bring in a picture and the measurements of the space you are working on and we will be glad to help!